Subscribe

Explosion at Tahitian Queen Causes Fire

Tahitian Queen fireA Pattaya beer bar went up in flames after an air conditioning compressor exploded, leaving one person suffering from smoke inhalation.

Pattaya, 16th April 2010. At 4.30 pm, Police Colonel Nanthawut Suwanla-ong Pattaya Police Superintendent, received a report of a fire at the T.Q. Rock & Roll beer bar, Soi 12, Moo10, South Pattaya, Nongprue, Banglamung. The Officer along with the Pattaya Fire Department and seven fire engines were dispatched to the incident.

On arrival, a single floor beer bar which comprised of 3 attached units was found to be alight with raging flames and thick smoke pouring out. After 30 minutes of battling the fire, the officials found the inside of the property had damages estimated at 500,000 baht. A member of staff, Miss Athirat Khunrat [22] was found suffering from smoke inhalation and sent to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.

Questioning of Miss Areerat Somwit [45] a staff member revealed that before the incident occurred, the staff were rehearsing their dance routine on the stage before opening. At that particular time a loud noise came from an air compressor hanging on the ceiling, a blaze occurred immediately after. The staff ran from the incident in a bid to escape. Miss Athirat Khunrat was later found still inside suffering from smoke inhalation and helped to safety before being sent to hospital.

Police Colonel Suwanla-ong stated that on inspection, it was presumed that the cause of the fire resulted from the air conditioning compressor. Luckily no one at the scene had been injured. A detailed investigation of the scene will take place once it is safe to enter the severely damaged building.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/04/17/explosion-in-pattaya-beer-bar-causes-fire/

Comments are closed.